Sunday, March 10, 2013

Farmer's Markets

I love farmer's markets! The Netherlands has a load of out door markets and bazaars and I absolutely love them. Being poor and a student means I don't have much time or money to put into things like food or travel...so having a farmer's market near me is probably the best thing in the world. I go every other Saturday to Noordermarkt which is a flea market near where I live now but every Saturday they sell organic produce.

I was so lucky and got all of this for 3.70 euros.
5 kiwis - one of them exploded on my way home
5 clementines or as they like to call it here mandrins
3 Avocados
Chili peppers
and a Thai cooking package with lemon grass, baby corn, thai chilis, and galangal root - which I've never used before. Turns out it's bitter. Who knew?

I ended up making this with the curry mix package
It had one can of coconut milk, a can of bamboo shoots, a red bell pepper, 2 red chili peppers, 3 thai chili peppers, a table spoon or so of lemon juice, chicken, thai red curry paste and the Thai mix. I wish I had thai basil leaves for this though. It was good but not as good as it could've been. It also ended up being too spicy and not complex in flavor.
This is what I ended up using for the curry.


 Of course I made some kick ass guacamole. Easy to make and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment